Monday, November 7, 2011

Rainbow coloured skies...




I always thought that rainbow coloured skies could only be seen in wide expanses land. The first time I saw a rainbow-coloured sky was at my friend's sister-in-law's farm in the country where there was only farmland and greenery as far as the eye could see. There were no tall buildings for miles and the sky was clear and dotted with brightly shining stars when the rainbow coloured sky was gone.

The second time I saw the rainbow coloured sky was when I looked at the skyline when I was walking alongside the park on my way home. It was the first time in my life that I realized that the rainbow-coloured sky appeared in the city as well. But my hometown isn't a small town and there were a few skyscrapers in the distance but in front of me was a big park. I guess this is why I've always associated these rainbow-coloured skies with wide spaces and trees and fresh air.

The other day, I was walking and saw the sun setting. But then, behind it, I noticed that even in this concrete jungle, the rainbow-coloured sky will still appear. Beautiful. Too bad I had to take this picture hastily because I was crossing the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment