Sunday, January 1, 2012

Cake cake cake cake cake cake cake

So I have to make a confession. I have an obsession. With desserts. Yum. So when I found out that the cakes at the Mandarin Oriental hotel in Central were absolutely fabulous, I would not rest until my foodie friend came with me to the fancypants hotel (which was intimidating to my proletarian soul) to try it.

All I can say is yum. I got a lychee raspberry mousse. The flavours were amazing and fresh and the texture was creamy but light.



My friend got a chocolate cake which I took a bite of. Also very delectable.


Here were some cakes on display. Yum.

Can you believe this teddy bear was made of cake?



I love this rose pattern. This could appear in the Sunday Sweets section of Cakewrecks.


So adorable!



A cake modeled after their famous rose-petal jam.


I plan on trying every single cake they make before I go home.

1 comment: