Friday, September 2, 2011

Miscellaneous: August in pictures...

September is here! But before we enjoy this month to its fullest, here are a few pictures from August that I couldn't post in my previous blogs.


I found a giant figurine of one of the 2008 Beijing Olympic mascots in Shatin. The equestrian events were held in Hong Kong.


One day, I was going out to get groceries and in this public square nearby, there was this guy with two pet tortoises! One of them was named Peter. It was so cool!


This is the biggest ice rink in Hong Kong. It's in a mall called Megabox. Needless to say, there will be no figure skating competitions held here. Although there were some people who were learning how to figure skate.


I don't know if this is creepy or cute. Little monkey doll thing dressed up as Totoro. The monkey thing isn't cute but being dressed up as Totoro is.


My Chinese reading is still in the works so I didn't realize that the "Lai Chi" in "Lai Chi Kok" would mean lychee. Unless I'm just being gullible.


A stunning view from one of the bird observation houses at Hong Kong Wetland Park. A nature awareness and conservation site in the boonies.


Hong Kong bakeries have the cutest cakes!

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment